Schema markup is the result of collaboration between Google, Bing and Yahoo! to help you provide the information their search engines need to understand your website content and provide the best search results possible. Adding Schema to your HTML improves the way your page displays in search engine results page by enhancing the rich snippets that are displayed beneath the page title.
This new form of optimization is one of the most powerful, but least-utilized forms of SEO available today. Once you grasp the concept and method of schema markup, you can boost your website in the SERPs.
Schema tells the search engines what your data means, not just what it says. Schema markup helps your website rank better for all kinds of content types.
Commonly used Schema markup type:
- Creative works: CreativeWork, Book, Movie, MusicRecording, Recipe, TVSeries
- Embedded non-text objects: AudioObject, ImageObject, VideoObject
- Health and medical types: notes on the health and medical types under MedicalEntity.
- Place, LocalBusiness, Restaurant
- Product, Offer, AggregateOffer
- Review, AggregateRating
Now is the time to implement the relevant microdata to improve your search results. Contact us